+ About Dr Viktoria Molloy, PhD Physio
Dr Viktoria Molloy is one of the first accredited GLA:D physiotherapist in Queensland and an expert in functional phsyiotherapy. She brings over 18 years clinical experience and a passion for helping people reach their goals.
+ About the ActivateBody GLA:D® Program
GLA:D® is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip or knee osteoarthritis symptoms.
The ActivateBody GLA:D program involves:
- An assessment and screening by Dr Viktoria Molloy - GLA:D certified physiotherapist.
- Implementation of a 6 week Education and Exercise Program to improved function, decreased pain, improve quality of life and delay/avoid joint replacement surgery.
- Progression of exercises and activities based on your personal goals.
Research from the GLA:D® program in Denmark shows symptom progression reduces by 32%.
Other outcomes include a less pain, reduced use of joint related pain killers, and less people on sick leave. GLA:D® participants also reported high levels of satisfaction with the program and increased levels of physical activity 12 months after starting the program.
This program is unique in that the education and exercises provided can be applied to everyday activities. By strengthening and correcting daily movement patterns, participants will train their bodies to move properly, prevent symptom progression and reduce pain.
+ GLA:D Background
GLA:D® is an education and exercise program was developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip or knee osteoarthritis symptoms with the overarching aim to implement current clinical guidelines for osteoarthritis into clinical care.
The GLA:D program was introduced to Australia in 2016 by a team of leading researchers from La Trobe University. Through the leadership of Christian Barton and Jo Kemp and the support of their team and an expert clinical steering committee GLA:D Australia leads the way in:
- Education of physical therapists in delivering care in accordance with clinical guidelines
- Patient education and neuromuscular exercise for patients with OA-like symptoms primarily from the hip or knee.
- The national GLA:D®-registry for data collection and evaluation of results